2000 Chrysler Town & Country Replace Oxygen Sensor
Proper maintenance of the oxygen sensors in your 2000 Chrysler Town and Country is crucial to managing the fuel consumption in your van. When the "Check Engine" light is on and your fuel mileage has decreased substantially, buy replacement sensors from an auto parts retailer and change them at home for a significant savings at the gas pump.
|Socket and ratchet set|
|Oxygen sensor socket|
Replace Oxygen Sensor
- Raise the hood of the van and disconnect the negative battery cable with a socket and ratchet.
- Lift the front of the van with a jack. Support it on a set of jack stands. Locate both oxygen sensors threaded into the exhaust pipe on either side of the catalytic converter.
- Pull apart the electrical connection to disconnect it. Remove the sensor with a wrench or a ratchet and oxygen sensor socket.
- Coat the threads of the new sensor with anti-seize compound. Thread the sensor into the pipe by hand. Push the wiring harness connection together until it clicks.
- Repeat the process on the second sensor if needed. Remove the jack stands and lower the van to the ground. Connect the negative battery cable with a socket and ratchet.